"Being a princess is not what it's cracked up to be." - Princess Diana

Friday, January 11, 2013

I am woman...hear me snore!


My husband and kids have told me that I snore in my sleep. As much as I want to deny it, since I've woken myself up on several occasions, I can't exactly dispute their claim. The only consolation I have is that I'm not the only woman to have this embarrassing issue. Just search YouTube and you'll find many real women (and teens and kids) who have a snoring disorder.

By the way, have you ever wondered if Sleeping Beauty snored--or perhaps farted--in her sleep? I mean, Princess Aurora was asleep for a long time. Common sense says one or two snorts or bottom burps had to have slipped out at some point. Where was the catheter for goodness sake?

The things that make you go, hmmmm.... But I digress.

Anyway, although it's probably not necessary, I have the urge to prove I'm not the only woman who snores. I came across this short video of a snoring mother, as recorded by her daughter. The best part is the comment bubbles she adds throughout.

Enjoy, Princesses! And have a magical weekend!



6 comments:

  1. Ha, my dad always denied his snoring was bad, so one day when I was in high school, he fell asleep in his favorite chair and started sawing wood. I grabbed a tape recorder and turned it on. Later when he woke up, I gleefully played it. He was not happy about that. But my mom and I had a good laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny, Pam. My daughter teases that she's going to tape me someday. My family is notorious for doing mean (but funny) things during my sleep. Once, my husband put a tortilla chip in my mouth when I was sleeping and took a picture. Another time, they put a mini basketball on my butt and snapped a picture. They're lucky I have a good sense of humor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny, Lynda! I snore sometimes, but not always. Hubby does A LOT - but his sleep apnea machine helps a TON (have you been tested, by the way? Just "being your mom" here for kicks LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LoL...no, never tested. I don't think I snore that much, and I'm not thrilled with the idea of being hooked up to a machine all night. My father-in-law and sister-in-law and step-dad have one and from the way they complain, I know they are no fun! But of course they're necessary sometimes. Glad it helps your husband. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, I'll come clean here, I snore, too, but not nearly to the extent my husband snores. I have woken myself up a few times. Most of the time I don't snore, though. I do use breathe right strips and they help me get a much better night's sleep than I was getting without them.

    Thanks for sharing your article and the video. We can laugh at ourselves and still be princesses. I like the quote from Diana. I still miss her. Guess I'll have to follow Kate now.

    Blessings!
    Donna Winters

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh..breath right strips. Good idea! I may have to check into those, Donna. :-)

    ReplyDelete