"Being a princess is not what it's cracked up to be." - Princess Diana

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Hats off to my fellow princesses! (or ON, as the case may be)

I've never been a hat girl. Not because I don't like them, but they just don't look good on me. Some girls look totally adorable in hats. I envy them -- I really do. I've always wanted to be one of those women who can rock a baseball cap. Having a bad hair day? Press a baseball hat on your head, and voila! Cuteness!

But it just doesn't work for me. The closest I've come to wearing a hat on purpose (as in, not when I had to wear one for softball, as a KFC employee, or while volunteering at football concessions) was when I wore my bridal veil. Of course, like all of the women I know, I wear several virtual hats, but that's for a different post.

According to HolidayInsights.com, today is National Hat Day. And, unfortunately, I won't be celebrating. But I recruited my beautiful daughter (who looks great in hats) to model a few for us. If you are a "hat girl," or even if you're not, which look would best suit you? And why?



    Bedazzled Mexican Sombrero                                                           Funky Cow Hat





















Snap-back Gangsta style                                                                 Traditional baseball cap





I had to post a pic
of the front and
back of this adorable
Unicorn hat. These
knit animal styles are
all the rage right now!


























  
    Military style                                                                            Cold-weather Beanie



So we didn't have a tiara (I know...what kind of princess am I, anyway?) so we had to webcam this crown. Personally, it's my favorite! No matter what hat you normally wear, THIS is the one you truly deserve!


1 comment:

  1. You got that wish-I-could but-can't wear hats thing from your Mom. Love all the modeled hats. They are adorable! And the model is drop-dead gorgeous! (Me? biased?) My personal favorite is the sombrero

    ReplyDelete